Apply by 30 January 2019
Get £5000 to Start a Community Project
We are giving 15 projects up to £5,000 in start-up funding, plus expert support to improve social integration in innovative ways.
The funding is available to refugees, migrants and asylum seekers who want to change their local communities in the West Midlands. The projects need to benefit migrants and the wider community alike.
The key theme of your project idea should be around employment, health, housing or active citizenship. To learn more about projects which already exist and to get inspired, download the free ‘Innovation Briefings’ on our Resources page.
How to Apply for funding (Deadline 30 January 2019):
- Download the simple application form, or explain your idea in a short ‘selfie’ video
- Send a link to your video or send your application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or by post, see the application form for more details)
You will get support to work on your pitch and presentation for Pitching Day in March 2019 (date to be confirmed)
- A MigrationWork consultant is assigned to every project selected to pitch and will help them develop their presentation
- A Mifriendly Cities panel will select which projects go forward to pitch by 11th February 2019
- Only projects which fit the eligibility criteria and with a good chance go forward
To help you get started we are running drop in sessions in where we can talk you through your idea:
Wolverhampton – 14th Jan 2019 12-5pm – Ashley Community & Housing Ltd, 3rd Floor Derwent House, 42-46 Waterloo Road, WV1 4XB
Birmingham – 15th Jan 12-5pm – Rivers of Gold, 2 The Square, 111 Broad St, B15 1AS
Coventry – 17th Jan 12-7pm – FabLab, 27 City Arcade 27, CV1 3HX
Back to posts