9th October 2020
Date: Friday 9th October 2020 | 10:45am – 15:00pm
This Media Lab session will help amplify migrant voices through a training session on copywriting and on “writing for the ear” as well as basic radio presenting and voiceover recording skills.
Asylum seekers, refugees and migrants living in the West Midlands please join us to learn skills that will make your voices heard.
Media Lab: Facilitator | Ashlee Elizabeth-Lolo – West Midlands journalist, copywriter, radio presenter
* 10:45am – 11:00am: Zoom connections and welcome
*11:00am – 11:50am: Session 1 – Introduction to Ashlee’s work and career as a community journalist and radio presenter, and the function and importance of copywriting & “writing for the ear” skills
* 11.50am – 12.00pm: COFFEE BREAK
* 12.00pm – 1.00pm: SESSION: Writing a short script about being a migrant in the West Midlands, tying in with Black History Month and Black/BME identity where relevant
* 1.00pm – 1.30pm: LUNCH BREAK
* 1.30pm – 2.30pm: SESSION: Recording the script as a voiceover
* 2.30pm – 3:00pm: SESSION: Editing the voiceover to images/visuals for final video which will be published on MiFriendly Cities and Migrant Voice platforms (This can continue as ‘homework’)
* 3.00pm – [CLOSE]
Online: via Zoom (log-in details will be sent out when you RSVP).
To RSVP please email email@example.com
Back to posts
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Urban Innovative Actions Initiative.